Sunday, May 16, 2004

Introduction

I guess an opening statement is in order.

Welcome to my blog. I hope it doesn't suck too bad. Even though I may sometimes write things that make it seem like I think I have really deep thoughts and profound insights into the way the world works, I really don't think that about myself. I know that some of the stuff I will write will probably come across as pretentious crap, so I won't be offended if you feel that way. Really I'm just starting this because I think writing is a healthy activity and useful for getting ones thoughts in order, but I've never been able to stick with a traditional journal. Maybe, I figured, if I try out this public journal format I might write more. So the purpose of this blog is to drive me to write on a regular basis, no matter how bad the writing is.

Oh, and the name, "Hirsute Sea Bass," is meaningless. I chose if by flipping to random pages in the dictionary (American Heritage 3rd College Edition) and pointing my finger at a random locations on each page. I did this until inspiration struck and I decided what this blog should be called.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home